While servicing a FoodMAX cold food POS is very similar to servicing a vending POS, there are several key differences:
- Cold Food POS can be serviced using an external scanner to count and add product to the POS.
- When an inventory is scheduled and taken, a menu option can be used to zero out the beginning inventory for the visit products which no longer reside in the machine.
- Product inventory is strictly maintained and the user cannot enter inventory values which result in errors (negative units sold or negative oh-hand).
The machine service screen is displayed when the POS is selected from the POS list or the machine barcode is scanned. At the top of the machine service screen, the checkboxes indicate the service tasks to be performed on the machine. In the example below, the machine is scheduled for service and collect. To change a service type, tap on the designated checkbox to toggle the feature on or off. For example, tap on the green collect to remove the scheduled collect.
NOTE: When the user enters the POS screen, the machine service is activated. When the user exits the POS, a completed machine service will be uploaded to the Vending Management Software based on the upload configuration settings defined. For VendMAX users, the settings are found under Global Settings.
Point of Sale
This screen activates the machine service and contains the list of tasks to be performed. (Service, collect, inventory, etc.).
Enter the refund, changer refill, and bag number.
The barcode icon in the bag number field can be used to activate the camera and scan the bag barcode.
To DEX the machine, insert the Bluetooth dex fob into the vending machine dex port and press the DEX button on the app. The light on the dex fob will blink to indicate communication, and the app will show the progress of the dex transmission.
When the dex communication is complete, press the selections icon to view the cold food products.
The Adds column is automatically populated with the FoodMAX Cold Food Order quantities. Tap in the Adds field to edit the quantity.
Tap the details arrow on any product, to view and edit values for beginning inventory, removed and spoils.
The service should be completed in order from left to right. (Enter beginning inventory first, then take out removes and spoils).
The beginning inventory cannot be greater than the ending inventory from the last visit, which is shown as “Last Inv” on the page.
Removed and Spoiled quantities are deducted from the Beginning Inventory and cannot exceed the Beginning Inventory value.
Beginning Inv – Inventory count when machine is opened.
Removed – Number of units removed from POS, and product is still sellable.
Spoiled – Number of units removed from POS, and product is spoiled/damaged.
Last Inv – Ending Inventory from the last visit.
Last Added – Number of adds the last time this product was added to the POS.
Last Added On – Date when this product was last added to the POS. Par – The par value for the pricing family to which this product belongs.
Add New Products
Once the beginning inventory, removes and spoils are completed, the adds can be performed. If you have ordered Cold Food for this day by POS, the adds are automatically populated. If you have not ordered, tap on Add and scan in each item, or enter the correct quantity.
Tap the plus sign on the product page to add new products which are not in the POS. Only products marked as “Vended Cold Food” in VendMAX are displayed and can be added to the cold food POS.
When using the plus sign you will be asked to enter a price when pricing has not been set for this product and the POS. You will also be asked to enter a price when using the plus sign and the product is already in the machine. This will allow you to sell the product at two different prices, for example a discounted price for products nearing expiration dates, and fresh items at the regular price.
Access to the Price field is based on user permissions.
To change price, tap the Price and edit the value.
When a price change is made to an existing product, the uploaded vend visit will remove the remaining inventory at the ‘old’ price and add this inventory to ‘new’ price.
When the POS is scheduled for inventory, all products must be counted. Products which have been sold-out and no longer exist in the POS, must be counted with ‘0’ inventory, for FOODMAX to accurately calculate units sold.
The best method for counting a food machine is to use a scanner. Pair the scanner using the steps provided in the “Getting Started” section. At the top of the product screen is the scanner status. Open the 3-dot menu, and tap on “Connect to Scanner” when the product list shows the scanner as disconnected. Verify the setting “Increment on Scan” is turned on.
Expand any product on the product list and tap into the Beginning Inventory field. Open the food machine and scan all products. As you scan, the app will automatically increment the beginning inventory count for the product you scan. For example, scan Snickers 3 times to set inventory count to 3. You can scan products in any order.
Products Not Inventoried
Once you are finished counting, open the 3-dot menu and select “Zero non-inventoried Items”. This page will contain any remaining POS products which you have not counted. Compare this list to the machine and enter beginning inventory counts for products you accidently overlooked.
When all counts have been entered, tap the “Set Empty Quantities to 0”. This will set the beginning inventory for the products which are sold-out to zero.
The EYOYO scanner can be used for counting, adding, removing and spoiling products in the cold food POS. The scanner must be BLE mode and is paired to the app using the instructions in “Getting Started”.
At the top of the product screen is the scanner status, which indicates when the scanner is connected.
When you want to use the scanner and the status shows it is disconnected, open the 3-dot menu and tap on “Connect Barcode Scanner”.
While you are in the 3-dot menu, make sure the setting “Increment by 1 on scan” is turned on. This will allow you to repeatedly scan items instead of editing quantity fields.
- Open any product and tap into the Beginning Inventory field.
- Scan all products in the POS. With every scan, the Beginning Inventory is incremented for the scanned product.
Note: The app automatically navigates to the scanned product and increments the beginning inventory count.
- When finished entering beginning inventories, tap into the Removed and Spoiled fields and scan those products.
- Check the machine for any price changes. Edit prices as necessary.
- When the Adds are populated from the cold food order, make sure the products added to the machine match the cold food order. Edit the quantities as needed.
- When the adds are not populated from the cold food order, or adding additional product which is already in the POS, tap into the Add field and begin scanning products.
- Use the plus icon to add new products to the pOS. This will put the app in “Add Mode” as indicated with the red icon. This means you can scan multiple products without tapping plus, and the new products are automatically added to the POS. Subsequent scans of the product increment the Add quantity.
- To exit “Add Mode”, tap on any field (excluding Adds) on the product page, or tap on any menu, or exit the page.